☎  INT +41 (0) 44 801 90 95        ✎  Send us an email

☎  INT +41 (0) 44 801 90 95        ✎  Schreiben Sie uns

Visa for China

Everything you need to know about the visa policy in China

Having accurate information and applying for the correct visa is essential for your language travel to China. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly advise and help you regarding the process.

F or M Business Visa

F Visas are issued for a period of up to six months for foreign citizen who is invited to the PRC for research, lectures, business, exchange in the field of science, technology, education, culture, sports, to attend various types of trade fairs or exhibitions, and for short them study and internships in China.

The exposure draft also proposes a new M Visa to be introduced for visits by foreign nationals applicable to non-commercial activities including scientific research, cultural exchange, health or sports activities and educational purposes such as learning Chinese in Shanghai.

X1 and X2 Visa

X1 Student Visa is issued for students who wish to travel to China for study or advanced study purposes for up to 12 months. X1 Student Visa holders should apply for a Temporary Residence Permit.

X2 Student Visa is issued to all foreigners who wish to travel to China to study the language for up to 6 months.

➡Visa for internships in China

Do you need an X2 student visa for your internship in China? We can help you with a great offer, which includes an invitation letter for your internship in combination with a Chinese language course. Call us or write us. We look forward to hearing from you!

L-Tourist Visa

The Tourist Visa can be issued for a short-term period, mostly between 30 to 90 days. It can be requested without an invitation letter from an academic institution.

Z-Visa (Work Visa)

A relevant visa is legally required to work in China . The work visa can only be issued if the employee meets certain requirements.

  • At least 2 years working experience in the respective field
  • A bachelor’s degree
  • A foreign expert

R-Talent Visa

Under the new regulations from the 1st September 2013, R-Visas will be issued for high level personnel and much needed talent. It is not specified which type of talents define eligible applicants for the R-Visa. However, they must have a highly skilled and specialized qualifications that is needed in China.

G-Visa (144-hour transit Visa)

Since the 30th January 2016, the Chinese Authorities allow transit travelers to get into the country for maximum of 144 hours. It should be noted that the Visa will only be issued if your transit is in Shanghai. During the layover period you are only only allowed to visit three places such as Shanghai, Jiangsu, and Zhejiang Province.

Q-Visa for Visiting Family Members

A new Q Visa is introduced for family members visiting Chinese nationals or foreign nationals who have permanent residency. The existing L-Visa will be reserved for tourist only. Like other newly introduced visas, the Q-Visa is divided into two categories. Q1 for a long-term stays over 180 days and Q2 for short-term stays up to 180 days.

S-Visa for Private Visit

In addition to the Q-Visa, the short term S-Visa is issued to the family members of foreigners working or studying in China for private affair visits such as marriage, inheritance, adoption or medical emergency.

Letter of Acceptance

We are glad to issue you a letter of acceptance for your visa.

Further Information

Do not hesitate to contact us for further questions about the visa application process. We cooperate with several Chinese agents who are ready to support us even when a visa duration extension is required.